Satyrykon 2023 - rules and regulations
I. Participation conditions
- SATYRYKON 2023 International Exhibition is an open competition.
- The objects of the competition are drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts and photography created with the use of optional techniques, being originals and qualified by artists to one of the following sections:
I – theme: EGO
II – JOKE & SATIRE
- WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS will be excluded from the SATYRYKON competition.
- Works are to be sent via the online form by 5th January 2023 (no later than 11.59 a.m., Polish time zone) avilable at: https://satyrykon.pl/en/applications/
- Up to three works may be submitted for each section of the competition. Accepted work format: A3 (297x420mm) at maximum, 5 MB per picture, saved in JPEG format. In the case of objects that cannot be sent by e-mail (e.g. sculptures), please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
- Jury will award the following prizes:
* Grand Prix SATYRYKON 2023 – pure gold key and purse amounting to 10.000 PLN
* 2 gold medals and purses amounting to 7.000 PLN each
* 2 silver medals and purses amounting to 6.000 PLN each
* 2 bronze medals and purses amounting to 5.000 PLN each
* and 4 special prizes amounting to 4.000 PLN each
- Special prizes will be awarded:
* Mayor of Legnica in amount of 4.000 PLN award
* Director of Legnica Culture Centre in amount of 4.000 PLN award
* Director of Museum of Caricature in Warsaw in amount of 4.000 PLN
* Satyrykon`s Andrzej Tomiałojć Foundation in amount of 4.000 PLN award
The organisers are expecting extra awards for laureates:
for the Author of THE BEST DEBUT and the Author of THE STUDENT DEBUT to be accompanied by a solo exhibition at the Satyrykon Gallery within the programme of SATYRYKON 2023 events.
Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, i.e. to change their number, not to award them, or not to award the Grand Prix SATYRYKON. Jury’s decisions are final.
The index of works qualified for the 2nd stage of the competition will be announced on 25th January 2023 at Satyrykon webpage: www.satyrykon.pl.
The condition for participation in the 2nd stage of the competition is sending by the Author of the qualified works for exhibition (in physical form) by March 10, 2023 (works present at the organizers premises) to the following address:
International SATYRYKON Exhibition – Legnica 2023
Ul. Chojnowska 2
Works qualified for the 2nd stage, but not sent by the author to the organizer’s address, will be excluded from the competition.
The competition results will be announced on 12th March 2023.
- Participation in the competition is free of charge. The work originals will be returned on condition that the Author donates one of the works of her/his choice to the Satyrykon Gallery – as a form of compensation for posting costs. In case there is no clear Author’s indication, the organizer may post the work back on the Author’s cost. Details of payment and return will be arranged in individual e-mail correspondence.
n o t e !
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO THE CURRENT REGULATIONS. The condition to pay the authors is their arrival for the opening of the exhibition or the awards can be transferred into a bank account in a currency specified by the author.
III. Participants’ privileges
- Authors of the works qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the exhibition catalogue and a free-of-charge place in the catalogue.
- Organisers provide competition prize-winners with gratuitous participation in the SATYRYKON 2023 event on June 16-18, 2023.
- Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in Poland and abroad after the main exhibition, and then will be returned to their authors by the end of 2024. WE KINDLY ASK THE AUTHORS TO NOTIFY US ABOUT ANY CHANGES TO THEIR ADDRESS DATA – RETURN ADDRESS / PHONE / E-MAIL (please contact us: email@example.com).
IV. Final provisions
- Organisers reserve the right to use the sent works for SATYRYKON advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
- The prize-winning works become the property of the organisers and will be included in the collection of the Satyrykon Gallery.
- The exhibition organisers are the final judges in interpretation of the regulations.
- Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to publication of the author’s profile in the post-exhibition catalogue.
- Legnica Culture Centre (+4876 72-33-700; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,) is the organiser of the International Exhibition SATYRYKON – Legnica 2023.
S c h e d u l e:
- Work acceptance deadline: 5th January 2023 at 11:59 a.m.(Polish time zone)
- Qualification for competition exhibition will be announced on 25th January 2023 at Satyrykon website www.satyrykon.pl
- Deadline for work originals delivery: 6th March 2023
- Jury meeting: March 10-12, 2023
- The competition results will be announced to 12th March 2023.
- Post-competition exhibition: June – August, 2023
- Return of the works after the exhibition cycle: 31 XII 2024